We’ve up-cycled The Mill’s industrial past into spaces both stunning and functional for performance, parties, meetings, weddings – events of all shapes and sizes.
THE TIN SHED
Once the centre of the former wood chip production line, the Tin Shed is now the heart and soul of Spring Bay Mill. We have preserved the rustic, industrial feel and added a few modern touches for comfort and convenience. The space has an outstanding natural acoustic making it ideal for music and other performance.
- Tin Shed Dimensions: 13 x 20m + covered deck 8.5 x 13m
- Portable multi-use stage (8m x 4m)
- PA System (house music, plus mixing desk), 2x fixed Shure SM58 microphones with capacity for small musical group or individual performer or speaker.
- Roof mounted horizontal light trusses and vertical light stands, featuring a variety of stage fittings, with EOS controller:
1. Pro Par LED Flat Propar Hex12 x 12W
2. Powercon In and Out Stage lights x 12
3. Pro Par Rotatable Barn Doors with Gel Frame for PAR 12
4. Profile Spot 1 x 180w LED, Colour Wheel, Rotating Globe Wheel, 3/8 facets Prism, Frost x 2
5. Wash 7 x 15W RGBW LEDs Pixel Control and 6-60 Degrees Zoom
6. 3 Pin Lights x 2
- Projection Screen 130”
- Seating Capacity: 250
With its stunning sea views, large deck and outdoor fireplace, The Banksia Room was up-cycled from the shell of the former wood chip mill admin building. Housing a bar, lounge area and fully-equipped commercial kitchen, this large, multi-purpose space can be arranged for dining, performance or presentations for up to 250 people. For more intimate meetings, the adjacent meeting room has conference-table seating for up to 12 people.
Room Dimensions: Banksia: 19.5 x 12.4m + Deck 11 x 6 m + Meeting room: 6 x 3.5m
- State-of-the-art digital audio-visual capabilities featuring large-screen projection with auto video-scaling to suit current laptop resolutions, via cabled or wireless connectivity.
- Ambient lighting control via automated blinds and house lights for superb presentation quality.
- Digital wireless microphones with automatic gain control for excellent speech and music legibility. Use with or without lectern as required.
- Capacity for a small musical group or individual performer.
- Audio and microphone coverage for garden courtyard area.
- Spotify business music management for playlist creation.
- WiFi guest internet access.
- Seating Capacity: 250
- Alternate music choices for welcome/escape, or continuation of house audio for overflow.
- Seating Capacity: 8
- Local TV facility, presentation display, and video conferencing capability (Skype, Webex, etc)
- Seating Capacity: 12
This dramatic outdoor semi-circular structure has been up-cycled from the former slew wall that once formed part of the wood chip distribution system.
It stands 25m across and has wonderful natural acoustics and a sea view backdrop. Tiered seating for up to 250 in the round or 1,000sqm of grassy hill with bean bags and deck-chairs for more casual seating in larger numbers.
At its centre sits one the of the world’s largest sundials.
Technical specs: Single and 3 phase power is available in the centre and the outside of the structure and around the top of the grassed area. High speed internet is also available along with programmable lighting.
Open-air wooden deck overlooking stunning views of Windlass Bay and Maria Island. Perfect for a wedding ceremony or can be set with tables for outdoor dining.
The main deck is made up of 4 hexagons 6 meter wide with a 2.5m section in the middle. Total area is 14.5m x 14.5m plus a wooden walkway.
A second 6m wide deck to one side is ideally placed for a musician or quartet.